Prospective Transfer Students
We are delighted you are interested in a field within the College of Arts & Sciences (A&S) and the opportunities available for continuing your education at Oklahoma State University! A&S is the largest of OSU's six undergraduate colleges. Transferring to a new university doesn’t have to be overwhelming. To streamline your online exploration, we've created this section just for you, with information curated specifically for prospective and admitted transfer students.
We are here to help you identify your interests and pursue the opportunities to develop them. We do so through a faculty of committed teachers and researchers and through a staff of skilled academic advisors and career services professionals in our Student Success Center. Transfer students to A&S may immediately have a major advisor if they meet departmental admission standards. Some majors have specific declaration requirements listed below:
- Art-Graphic Design-12 hours earned and 2.75 GPA
- Communication Sciences and Disorders-15 hours earned and 2.5 GPA
- Geology-2.5 GPA and completion of GEOL 1114 with "C" or better
- School of Media and Strategic Communications-28 hours earned and 2.5 for students who began courseowrk earlier than August 2016, and a 2.75 for students who began coursework August 2016 or later
- Music -must be admitted to majors/ensembles by audition-contact Music at 405-744-8997
- Psychology-28 hours earned and completion of PSYC 1113 with “C” or better
As a major research university, OSU has faculty who not only teach courses, but also conduct research and creative activity at the forefront of their disciplines. Their enthusiasm for advancing their field can inspire your own goals!
In the near future you will make final decisions about your college choice. As you consider where you will continue your educational endeavors, please contact the A&S Student Success Center (405-744-5658) with any questions you may have about Arts & Sciences at Oklahoma State University.